Radon, Powerlines and Cancer

British television has reported on a paper in the upcoming issue of the
International Journal of Radiation Biology (Feb 1996 issue).

The report implies that this provides a mechanism for the alleged connection
between powerlines and childhood leukemia.

The report is:
DL Henshaw, AN Ross, AP Fews, AW Preece: Enhanced Deposition of Radon Daughter
Nuclei in the Vicinity of Power Frequency Electromagnetic Fields.  Int J Rad
Biol 69:???-???, Feb 1996.

Further details can be found at the authors' web site.  The journal article
itself will not be available (at least not in the US) for another month or
so).  If anyone on the list gets IJRB faster than we do, I would very much
like a real copy, we're still waiting for the January issue.

Authors URL:
http://www.phy.bris.ac.uk/research/track_analysis/emf_radon.html