Rad. Environment in Ukraine.

It was reported, in Kiev's news paper, that a some very low Pu-239
contamination been found in "Troieshina" (hard to spell in English)
in 1989 .  Troeishina this a Kiev's subdivision on the left side of
the Dnepr river ( I guess I spelled this right)  to where were moved
a part of Pripiyt's (or Pripiat's) population in 1986.  It was a very
low concentration.  There was some rumours that it could be brought
in Kiev form Chernobyl by buses, cars... because it was found only in
Troieshina.  I never heard about any investigation. Kiev's residents
apparently were not concern about this matter.
Other radionuclides in Kiev's area by now would be a subject a big
concern, if they could be find. The wind was blowing to Kiev
direction only during the first day after the accident. Apparently
the fall out had MORE short-lived radionuclides because they
evaporated FIRST. It was suprising that Pu-239 was found in Kiev.

standard disclaimers
Emil.
                                                            *
                                                           * *
                                                          *   *
                                                         *     *
                                                        *       *
Ne sui svoi nos ne v svoi nishtiak, ato ischeznet nos *           *
                                                     *Mike Naumenko*
We are only trying to remember where we are from.   * ZooPark Group *