Tritium stratification

Does anyone know if it's possible for tritiated water to "stratify" if kept
in a large pond which accepts ordinary rainwater?  We're talking about a
total pond depth of approximately 7 ft. (pond is stagnant, artificial, and
lined with plastic).  Everything tells me that the concentrations of tritium
as sampled at any location within the pond should be completely homogeneous,
but I have data which suggests otherwise.  Please e-mail directly with any
insights you may have.
Gary L. Schroeder
Brookhaven National Laboratory
schroede@mail.sep.bnl.gov