Re[2]: NRRPT Petition for Rulemaking

     excerpt:

     >>However, I do not support the request to reduce the hospital-based
       experience from 12 months to 3<<

     I just tried to download a copy from the specific Federal Register
     proposal dated February 8, 1996, but the UMASS site I was retrieving
     from was busy. I was interested in the "total" proposed changes.
     However, I would like to address the experience level, as noted by
     Dave. I for one believe that even 1 year's experience to head any type
     of a program is insufficient. One year "might" be adequate to head a
     program that is operating under normal conditions, but what happens
     when there are abnormal conditions? What is the individual's
     capability to think, assess and act under conditions of stress? There
     is a significant difference between normal and abnormal. I do not mean
     to imply that an individual who has many years of experience can't
     "screw up" or "fall apart" when things go awry. However, the
     individual is more apt to respond with some clarity due to seasoning
     in the job. One year? I don't think so.

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company