Re: NRRPT Proposed Rulemaking

I think the first question is:  What are the minimum training
requirements for NRRPT certification?  However, as mentioned
elsewhere, there is a significant difference between being generally
aware of what goes on and actually running a radiation safety
program.

NOTE: these are minimum requirements for any medical facility, the
majority of which are small clinics.  However, the current rule is
generally aimed at nuclear medicine techs, NOT radiation techs.  The
small facilities won't be hiring an NRRPT tech, so changing this rule
would only apply to the larger medical facialities.  Allowing minimal
actual experience before running a major medical facility may not be
that good of an idea.

Wes

> Date:          Fri, 23 Feb 96 14:13:53 -0600
> From:          Sinisterra@adp.uchc.edu (Sinisterra,Andres)
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       NRRPT Proposed Rulemaking

> Hi all:
>
> My previous query has to do with the requirements for an R.S.O. at medical
> institutions.  Out of respect to the list members, at this time I reverve an
> opinion because I want to see what the feeling is.

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us