Subject: Weight of HTO
Author:  RONALD_GOODWIN@health.ohio.gov at -SMTPlink
Date:    2/23/96 7:15 AM

     Jim,

     Is the atomic mass of HTO not 22 (Trit = 3 amu X 2 Trit atoms + O for
     16 = 22).  Just wondering if I can still do chemistry.  I've been
     writing regulations too darn long.

     Also, as suggested earlier, the Supervisor of Contaminated Site here
     at ODH and I have been discussing the possibility of the plastic liner
     causing some stratification as the Trit ion is drawn to the charged
     liner (we make this assumption based on the fact that recommended
     containers for Tritium sampling is always glass as plastic has a
     tendancy to create some ionic exchanges with the trit changing the
     concentration in the water.)  Again, if this is not good thinking let
     me know, cause we are being fairly strict in requiring glass for trit
     sampling to prevent this activity.

     Thanks for listening and responding, if you decide to.

     Regards
     Ronald_Goodwin@health.ohio.gov
     Senior HEalth Physicist