Re: Raowool Insulation Isotopic Content

We were doing the spectroscopy for qualitative reasons, so did not get an exact
mass of sample.  The count room HP estimates the mass at 5 grams.

We originally got into this because our D&D HP Tech was having fits trying to
frisk out the pipe lagging.  Unfortunately, I don't know how many counts he was
seeing on the piping, but it was detectable and it was enough that he couldn't
clear the material at our 100 net cpm limit (which leads me to believe he was
seeing 50-100 counts above background).

I suspect that the insulation is active enough to make a moderately interesting
demonstration but nothing like a bit of fiesta-ware.

Jim Barnes
jgbarnes@ix.netcom.com