RE: Helicobacter pylori

Barry,

I think a lot of us take a very different stance re: the safety
of radioactive material and exposure to radiation.  I spend
at least as much time teaching people that low level exposure
is not "dangerous".  That when put into perspective the risks
from typical exposures are minimal to non-existant.  Sorry to
rain on your amusement ;)  I am however, as you said a non-medical
person.  I did however meet with someone this morning who was told
by a physician that they should hire a lawyer and sue because the
radiation they had been exposed to might have caused some of the
observed health effects.  The occupational exposure was low and
the types of health effects observed were not consistent with any
effect demonstrated to be associated with radiation exposure.

Dale Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu