Re: sim sources

At 06:35 PM 2/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>A while back someone had posted info on sources to simulate Tc99 and
>other short-lived isotopes. Does anyone still have info on these and
>others? I am looking into check/cal sources for various isotopes used
>for pharmceuticals. Any info will help! Thanks in advance.
>
>Dave Blank
>Respond directly to daverenz@ix.netcom.com

I know that Te-123m has been used as a long-lived calibrator for I-123. In
this case, the
daughter of the Te-123m is I-123 so there is no problem with any corrections.

Riggs, C.A.; Kay, M. A.; Troutner, D. E. "Te-123m as a Calibration Standard
for I-123"; J. Radioanal. Chem. 62, No. 1-2, 285 (1981)

Hope this helps. Te-123m can be produced in a reactor, so it can be easily made.

Michael Kay (M.A. Kay), ScD, CHMM