Re: Pu-238 Pacemakers

  About 5 or 6 years ago when I was stilldoing hospitalstuff I got called to
  the morgue where the mortician had found a pacemaker in a patient.  the
  pacemaker was labelled 4 Ci. Pu and had the rad trefiol plainly on the
  outside.  We packaged it up and shipped it back to the manufacturer in
  the Netherlands.  Later gossip with an old HP turned up that the devices
  if old enough will fill up with Helium Gas to the tune of more than a few
  atmospheres of pressure.  Don't know about this last bit but it seems
  possible.