Re: Pu-238 Pacemakers

My information is based on the experience of my 102 year old mother who
has been using a pace-maker for over 20 years.
	The "regular check-ups by a specially trained staff" are conducted
by telephone from her home in 3-4 minutes (although it does use a pouch
containing some specialized equipment).
 Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh