Re: HPS Position Paper

I would like to respond to Bob Flood's posting on this subject.

Bob raises many valid points, and several questions that are not answered by
the HPS Position Statement.

The position statement, in my opinion, primarily expresses an opinion, in
contrast to providing information.  And I don't think that I agree with the
position statement.  It seems to me that there are many legitimate and
practical reasons why people try to quantify the risk; and that this should
usually be possible, albeit with very large error bars at low exposures.

The position statement reminded me of a lawyer joke that I heard someplace.
It went something like "you know, the advice that my lawyer gives me is
perfectly accurate, but totally useless".

D. Lee Beidelman  (beidelma@tis.inel.gov)

Standard Disclaimer: these are my personal opinions only.