Re: Pu-238 Pacemakers

That should have been 238Pu and 239Pu   Sorry!!!

Hundards of pacemaker were manufactured in the US using 239Pu, I do not
think 238Pu pacemake are manufactured in the US any longer.  There are
several sites that are trying to get rid of them.   In most cases the
sources go back to the site that sold them, after being explanted.  In a
few cases the people were "put to rest" with the pacers still inplanted and
a few people have let the country.  They average about .18grams (11Ci =
1grams Pu238) per pacemaker.

Sherry W. Jones
Los Alamos National Laboratory
(505) 665-2712