Subject: Static discharge
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    3/11/96 5:08 PM

Does anyone have the foggiest idea how great a static charge can be
developed by a person?

I ask this because we had an individual discharge his static to a PCM-2
and render it nonfunctional (he fried a board in it).  Our Radiation
Protection Manager wants to know this before he will allow us to place the
PCM-2s back in service.

Thanks.

  * Gary Masters                                 Phone (303) 966-3266 *
  * Radiological Engineering                       Fax (303) 966-8459 *
  * Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site                         *
  * PO Box 464   Building T690A               e-mail gmasters@csn.net *
  * Golden, Colorado 80402-0464                                       *