Re: Collective dose and its monetary valuation

The idea of $1000 per person-rem was put forth many years ago (about 25 if
memory serves) in Appendix I to 10 CFR 50.  There is a good review of the
monitizatation of ALARA in several places, but a good starting place is ICRP
28 and the original DOE ALARA Guide which was published in 1980.

Ron Kathren