Symposium Announcement

I hope this comes out OK.  I have retyped it from a flyer I got from Dr
Ben Archer and posted it at his request.

                 Symposium Announcement

             SAFETY ISSUES IN MEDICAL PHYSICS
      (Working Your Way Through the Regulatory Maze)

Presented by: The AMERICAN COLLEGE OF MEDICAL PHYSICS
		 LE CHATEAU CHAMPLAIN
		 MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
		 June 11 and 12, 1996

Purpose of Symposium:  To acquaint the
medical/health physicist with the latest regulatory and compliance issues
encountered in today's healthcare environment from the point of view of
the regulator, the manufacturer, and the physicist.  Presentations by
senior administrators from the NRC, FDA, and CRCPD will focus on current
and proposed state and federal regulations and advisories.  The role of
the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements and the
requirements of the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare
organizations will be discussed.  Additionally the status and implications
of the National Academy of Science's review of the Nuclear Regulatory
Commission Medical Use Program will be examined.  Panel discussions will
facilitate the evaluation of the impact of these issues on the practice of
medical/health physics.

REGISTRATION FEE: 	Early 		Late (after May 6)
	ACMP Members   $260.00 			$360
	Non-Members    $260.00 			$360

INFORMATION: Laura Fleming Jones
		American College of Medical Physics
		1891 Preston White Drive
		Reston, Va 22091
		Phone: 703-648-8966
		Fax:  703-648-9176
		email: ACMP@acr.org

15 hours of Medical Physics Continuing Education Credits applied for.

Gary Isenhower AKA garyi@bcm.tmc.edu
Medical Physicist; Baylor College of Medicine; Houston, Texas
For the record: These MY opinions, ugh, not employer's.  :)