Re: Academic RSO Survey Summary

Dear John White

I read with great interest about the results of your campus RSO survey,
especially the education level, certification, and to whom they report to,
salary range, etc.  But for assessing whether the RSOs have enough resources to
their job, I think other information, such as:

-  how many staff members are in the Radiation Safety Office (or whatever it is
called);
-  how many users (or licences, RWPs) are being served per man year of RSo
staff;
-  what is the budget per user served;
-  how many radiation areas or contamination areas the RSO staff have to survey;
-  how mnay radiation instrument do they have or do they need;
-  how much radiative material (inventory and waste) do they need to handle
-  where do they get their support, from the users or the admin;
-  ....

would also be very helpful.  I am sure somebody out there can think of a few
more.  I think these information would be very interesting to all campus RSOs
to tell whether their boss should get some more help for them.

T. Edmond Hui
te_hui@pnl.gov

Std Disclaimer: This message is my own opinion (and mine only), DOE and PNNL
have not reviewed and approved this message.