Re: Healthy Worker Effect

At 09:36 AM 3/21/96 -0600, Jim Muckerheide wrote:

>Consider for radiation specifically:  Many studies with internal controls
>confirm no such effect exists. See eg, the Nuclear Shipyard Worker Study
>(NSWS), the best worker study in the history of the planet re dosimetry and
>confounding factors and the size of the population (publication suppressed;
>now at least ref'd in UNSCEAR 94). The non-nuclear workers SMR vs aged
>adjusted general population is 1.00 (+- 0.03).

I'm familiar with the NSWS study but not with the Jim's comment that the
publication has been suppressed.  Could someone enlighten me as to what he
is referring?

Bob Loesch

*	 		       Robert M. Loesch                         *
*  DDDD     OOO    EEEEE       DOELAP Administrator                     *
*  D   D   O   O   E           U.S. Department of Energy                *

*  D    D O     O  EEE         EH-52, GTN, 270CC                        *
*  D    D O     O  EEE         19901 Germantown Road			*
*  D   D   O   O   E           Germantown, MD.  20874-1290              *
*  DDDD	    OOO	   EEEEE       Tel: 301 903-4443;  Fax: 301 903-7773    *
*                              loesch@spok.eh.doe.gov                   *

  "The definition of a public health disaster is a catastrophe so large
      that an epidemiologic study can detect it."    David Ozonoff