CAP88-PC v2.0 Beta available on the Web for ftp

     I've placed a copy of my beta version of CAP88-PC, version 2.0, on the
     Web for downloading via ftp.  If you're interested, go to
     ftp://www.er.doe.gov/esh/ and download the file C2.EXE.  It's about 4
     megabytes.

     To install the beta version, run C2.EXE from Windows (File, Run...),
     and it will install the beta version on the directory CAP88PC2.

     The new version is a full-featured Windows application, with built-in
     utilities for setting up population files, creating weather data from
     on-site met stations, and extracting historical weather data for sites
     around the country.  It also has on-line help, to eliminate the need
     for a printed manual.

     The FORTRAN code in the beta version was modified to add six new decay
     chain series, correct a minor error in the uranium decay chain,
     correct a typographical error in the concentration reports, and to
     make other minor changes.  I'm putting together some documentation on
     the changes; if you'd like a copy, let me know.

     I look forward to getting comments back on the beta!  Please send them
     to me at Barry.Parks@mailgw.er.doe.gov

     Thanks!