looking for Nancy Wood -Reply

>I am trying to find Nancy Wood, who apparently runs an instrumentation
>company in Chicago. Anybody have any knowledge of such a person?
>Thanks,

>Kim Kearfott

Kim:

I assume this is part of a women in Health Physics project and that you
will provide copies of any resulting paper(s) to those who have assisted
you.  :-)

As I understand it, she began in the instruments group at the Met lab in
Chicago. She was a gm tube maker par excellence.  Don Collins knew
her (see Kathren and Ziemer's wonderfull "Health Physics: a Backward
Glance") so you might want to call him.

When I tried to reach her a few years back, I wasn't allowed to speak
with her, presumably because her health was very poor.  Since then her
company's facility burnt down taking with it some instruments marked for
the collection here. I have a contact who should be able to help and I will
get back to you as soon as I have info.

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORISE