Re: looking for Nancy Wood

There was a Nancy Wood who made geiger counters in the late 1940s. At the
time, her end window counters were the best available and I owe my Ph.D.
to them. I haven't heard about them since the early 1950s, when other
bigger companies learned how to make good GM counters, and scintillation
counting took over most of the work.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh