Re: Re[2]: Industry Event

I don'T quite understand the absolute need to keep all  contaminated objects
in a controlled and restricted environment. Does this include my prospecting
tools which are contaminated with naturally occuring nuclides.

How about Aunt Minnies ashes with all that Potassium?

Would not the Dose, if any, and the associated risk (what is that risk from
less than 5 rem per year again) have something to do with it.

Ron, if the floor of a ten by fifteen family room were evenly contaminated
with 1000 dpm per 100 cm squared of plutonium oxide what would be the
committed dose from a
child managing to ingest a few square meter, or all of it.

Is this sufficient to start some consideration as to the reality of the
hazard we are regulating?

If we were to put all of the people who thronged New York Harbor for the
Statue of Liberty Birthday back there again would the Potassium 40 exceed the
reportable level under EPA regs?

Just a Thought (probably not a very good one).

Regis A Greenwood, C H P
ragreen1@ix.netcom.com
            OR
ragreen1@aol.com