Laser safety committee

Although ANSI Z136.1 1993 provides great detail about the
responsibilities of the Laser Safety Officer, I can find little info
anywhere I've looked about the structure of the Laser Safety
Committee.  If anyone on Radsafe can help by addressing the following
questions, I would be most appreciative.  Please do not hesitate to
expand.  I am interested mainly in the structure at educational
institutions with research and medical lasers:

At your institution....

1. Is the Laser Safety Committee the same group as the Radiation
Safety Committee, a subcommittee or a separate group?

2. Is there a separate Laser Safety Committee for the medical laser
user group?

3. On what timetable does the Laser Safety Officer report to the
Committee and in what manner.

4. Is the Laser Safety Officer a part of the Committee?

Please answer to the E-mail address and not to Radsafe.  I will be
happy to share the answers later.  Thanks again.

george@pliny.ehs.ufl.edu

George Rawls
University of Florida
Health Physicist