Radioactive licenses in China

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question that I am hoping that someone may have the answer to.
We are shipping some radioactive material to China.  The material is one of our
compounds that we have developed here at our institution.  When I inquired about
a radioactive materials license from the facility, one of our researchers here
said that the medical institutions in China did not have or need licenses to
posess radioactive material.  Has anyone had to deal with this??  I don't want
to be in violation of my license by shipping materials to someone who doesn't
have a license of their own.

Thanks
Jon Dillon
jdillon@ligand.com