Re: Part 2 Application

Dave,

I believe that they will accept any serious technical report that
demonstrates real health physics (not technician) quality of work.
Quite frankly, I suspect they don't put too much weight on this
document any more (if ever), due to the enormous number of
applicants.

Wes

> Date:          Fri, 29 Mar 96 15:04:07 -0600
> From:          Dave <dama@waterw.com>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Part 2 Application

> I am preparing an application for Part 2 of the ABHP exam and have a
> question concerning the submission of a work that is the creation of the
> applicant.  I am heavily involved in procedure research and preparation but
> I understand that submission of procedures will not be accepted because they
> are considered "cut and dry" based on 10CFR20 requirements.  I do not want
> to submit an application and have it kicked back at the last minute because
> the submission is unsatisfactory.
>
> I also research and prepare various technical bases documents to support
> such things as hot particle action limits, free release criteria, air
> sampling protocols, etc.  Are these types of documents considered acceptable
> for the exam application?

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us