Re: Underwater monitor

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Dale E. Boyce wrote:

> Humor a University type who has a silly question.  When using an extended
> probe to measure a high activity source shielded by water, is any
> consideration given in the instrument design to prevent radiation
> streaming through the pole?
>
> Inquiring mind on caffiene wants to know.
>
> Dale
> dale@radpro.uchicago.edu

The pole comes with a number of holes, allowing water to enter it as it
is submerged, and drain out of it as it is removed

Chris Davey, RSO    Cross Cancer Institute    Edmonton, Alberta

(no, we don't use them here....  I used to be involved with IAEA
techniques to verify used fuel at reactor sites)