RE Be-7 Filter Change Out

{Original Msg: 'Be-7 source, Cont'd.' from <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
{
{By the way, the hypothetical activity on the hypothetical filters is in the
{range of 5-10 uCi in each 24"x24" unit.  They 'frisk' about 800cpm.  This is
{after ~ 1month of running.  I think the flow rate is something like 10-20k
{cfm. The plenum opening is ~ 80 sqare ft.
{KW
{

I'm confused.  I thought thtat the change out was a rare occurance that
you were trying to figure out the best way to handle without anyone falling
from a height or spreading contamination.  Now it sounds like this is
something you do periodically and you're looking for a better way to
handle.  If this is a regular but spooky pastime I think the idea
to lower the assembly has more merit as you can afford to put some
money into the project on the grounds that it will be a more efficient
operation and greatly reduce risk of a serious accident.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center Denver vernig.peter@forum.va.gov

VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. MS 115 - DISCLAIMER
Denver, CO 80220; 303-399-8020 x2447 FAX 393-4656 Opinions = Mine
FAX 303-393-4656, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov Opinions =/ VA or USA