Re: re Nuclear Power

Ron,

It seems that the primary issue is which contractor can rationalize spending
the most taxpayer money, while fostering the most public fear!  :-)
============================ > Jim --

> Do you think we could save money if we chrome plated the fuel rods instead
> of gold plating them?
>
> Ron
============================
The APS analysis, ADLittle for EPA (a "few hundred" "health effects", 90+%
from Tc-99m!! hahaha), LANL for NRC, ORNL, INEL, etc etc etc, along with
Cohen's work, and dozens of others in the '70s, showed that radionuclides in
waste can not be significant to public health in any pathway analysis (with no
credit for the waste package!), including meteors, brine migration, etc etc.
Best, in "Electric Wars", Sierra Club Books, said (accessing long term memory
:-)   "its hard to see how nuclear wastes are any more hazardous after the
decay of heat, well within one human lifetime, than other poisonous wastes
from industry" [remind me if you want me to remember the author!]

Gov't ignores this to foster public fear to spend public funds for its own
benefit, handing funds to everyone in every scientific discipline, university,
and contractor, who can and will "keep the party going".   "Integrity" is only
measured in whether $$ and hours are spent on the primary objective (fostering
public fear) rather than champaign and yachts. Spending $$ on quantifying the
actual risk and the benefit to society is the only true criminal act.   :-)

Regards, Jim