Chernobyl Health Study Findings

>>Date: Thu, 28 Mar 96 11:55:57 -0600
>>From: "RUSSELL, MIKE" <russelmj@songs.sce.com>
>>     SUBJECT:  Chernobyl Health Studies: The 16 research projects sponsored
>>     by the European Commission, Prof. Albrecht Kellerer, professor of
>>     radiation biology at the University of Munich.
>>     The WSJ article below reports the findings of a four year study
>>     which found no increase in leukemia due to Chernobyl accident.
>>
>>     Does anyone know how I can obtain copies of these reports.  Thanks for
>>     your help...mjr

Mike, I don't know where you can find these reports, but if you do find out,
please
let me know.

>>Scientists: Chernobyl Not the Health Hazard Many Think
>>
>>  MINSK, Belarus (Dow Jones)--Childhood thyroid cancers increased markedly in
>>the area after the 1986 Chernobyl explosion, but there has not been the
expected
>>increase in leukemia and other diseases, European and former Soviet scientists
>>announced Friday according to The Associated Press.

I recommend you cruise on by the Media Watch Ukraine homepage's Chornobyl
information
page [http://www.mwukr.ca/chlin.htm]. There's a section on Chornobyl
information,
including an excellent article by Dr. David Marples of the University of
Alberta
[http://www.mwukr.ca/marp.htm], who is an acknowledged expert on the topic of
Chornobyl. Dr. Marple's article addresses some of the points you bring up.

Larisa Streeter
    Corporate Environmental Scientist
      Western Atlas International, Inc.
        Houston, Texas
          larisa@sam.neosoft.com

*** My opinion only. Use at your own risk. No warranties real or ***
*** implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your mileage may vary.***
*** My boss has already disavowed all knowledge of my actions....***