Subject: Museum Exhibit
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    4/10/96 3:56 PM

{Original Msg: 'RE: Museum Exhibit on Radiation Doses' from
<radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
{
{
{A cloud chamber is one of the best exhibits I can think of to visually
{illustrate radiation interactions and simultaneously demonstrate that
{radiation (cosmic & terrestrial) is a part of our everyday existence.  There
{are several manufacturers out there, I will try to provide a reference.
{ During my graduate work, I conducted outreach sessions with local High
{Schools, and the cloud chamber was very informative, useful, and interesting
{to the students.  Our chamber was back lit, and used dry ice to cool an
{alcohol solution (very simple to set up, but may not be practical for a
{continuous exhibit.  A mechanical refrigerated design may work better for
{your purposes.
{
{R.K. Brewer                   602-393-6095 (office)
{Health Physicist                   602-705-0390 (voice mail)
{9447 S. Palm Drive            kbrewer@indirect.com (or)
{Tempe, Arizona 85284               RBREWER@apsc.com