Job offering.

To All RADSAFE members:

I would first like to thank all the people that have sent me resumes, but I
would also like to apologize for possibly wasting your valuable time.  I believe
my job offer for an ARSO was in some way misleading.  The position is more on
the level of an HP technician than for someone with a Masters or PhD in Health
Physics.  The pay range is also in the range of an HP tech than someone with a
BS or Masters may want to start out with.  Again thank you for your response and
I am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

I am looking for an Assistant Radiation Safety Officer.  My name is C.J. Piatt.
The company I work for is based out of Mt. Prospect, Illinois and we use sealed
radioactive sources for measuring devices.  Here is the position description:

Primary Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for assisting the Radiation Safety Officer with the overseeing and
performing of radiation safety operations under an Illinois Department of
Nuclear Safety radioactive materials license for possession, distribution,
servicing, repair, research, training, and development of gauging devices
containing radioactive material.

Major Duties and Responsibilities:
-plant radiation and contamination surveys.
-packaging/labeling of radioactive material for shipment.
-receiving and inspecting of incoming radioactive material.
-maintaining accurate inventories of radioactive materials in the facilities.
-distribute, monitor and control the records of personnel radiation exposures.
-responsible for input to the Radiation Safety Committee regarding day-to-day
matters relating to radiation safety.
-responsible for ensuring continued compliance to an Illinois Department of
Nuclear Safety radioactive materials license.
-assumes full responsibility for Radiation Safety when the RSO is absent.

Minimum Qualifications:
Associates Degree (or equivalent) in a scientific field.  Be able to lift a
minimum of 50 pounds as part of the duties in packaging and receiving of
radioactive materials.

Minimum Experience:
Have one (1) year or more experience with the following:
1)  Principles and practices of radiation protection.
2)  Radioactivity measurements, monitoring techniques, calibration and the use
of radiation safety instruments.
3)  Mathematics and calculations basic to the use and measurement of
radioactivity.
4)  Biological effects of radiation.
5)  Safety practices applicable to protection from the radiation, and other
properties of the radioactive materials..
6)  Conducting radiological surveys and evaluating results.
7)  Evaluating radioactive material processing facilities for proper operations
from a radiological safety standpoint.
8)  Familiarity with applicable IDNS, NRC, DOT, USEPA, and OSHA regulations.

If this sounds interesting to you or if you know someone that this would sound
interesting to and you/they have the minimum qualifications and experience as
stated above please fax me a resume at 1- (847)-803-5466
or by E-mail at : cjpiatt@frmail.rosemount.com