Non-ionizing Radiation Safety

I am in the process of re-writing our
Non-ionizing Radiation Safety Reference
Manual.  The manual will be quite
comprehensive and include chapters on
ultraviolet radiation, visible energy,
infrared energy, radiofrequency/micorwaves,
power frequencies-EMF, static magnetic
fields, ultrasound, and lasers.  In
general, each chapter will address basic
concepts, regulations and/or standards,
facility design and controls, protective
measures/procedures, PPE and
monitoring/measurements.

If your health physics program includes
non-ionzing radiation safety and you are
willing to share your procedure(s),
policies or safety manual, please mail or
e-mail me a copy. Please address any e-mail
directly to me at lavake@prius.jnj.com.
Send regular mail to Thomas LaVake,
Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Route 202,
P.O.Box 300, Raritan, NJ 08869.

If you are willing to share your hard
work, I will be glad to return the favor
once this manual is complete (hopefully by
year end).

Thanks in advance,

Thomas LaVake
Johnson & Johnson,