Re(2) Chernobyl Health Study Findings

"David P. Turkow" <TURKOW.DP@a1.rit.edu> wrote:

>          Recently had to sit through a CBS News report on Chernobyl that
>          professed that 30,000 people had died as a result of this
>          "terrible disaster". Can anyone refute this in a scientifically
>          based study ? I've heard some very knowledgeable people talk on
>          the subject and it seems to me that very few of these people
>          actually died and they were, for the most part, the firemen
>          (military in the old USSR) that died (approx. 25). If there is
>          good info I'd like to forward it to CBS and ask for the
>          correction of a gross misrepresentation.

Last week the "International Conference: One Decade after Chernobyl" sponsored
by IAEA, EC, WHO ect. took place in Vienna.
The goal was to sum up the consequences of the accident.

On IAEA's 'WORLDATOM' internet site you can find the conclusions. The starting
URL is <http://www.iaea.or.at/worldatom/index.html>.

OPINION: IMHO I´m afraid of those RBMK scrap reactors, the drastics economical
situation and the 'deficiencies in safety culture' in (some) eastern countries.

Have fun!
Peter

P e t e r  K U H M      Peter_Kuhm@inmedias.ping.at  Phone: +43/ 2243/36250
Klosterneuburg/AUSTRIA  peter.kuhm@plus.at           Fax:        ../36250-0