Restricted, controlled, & unrestricted area

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Dale E. Boyce wrote:

>  For example _everyone_ who as a course of
> their employment may enter a restricted area must undergo annual
> training.  By considering all labs restricted areas you open yourself
> up to a big training liability.

Unless I am mistaken, the new Part 19.12 only requires training if an
individual is likely to receive 100 millirem in a year.  This new
requirement eases the training liability considerably.  A new regulation
which eases the licensee burden without compromising safety!  The NRC
should be congratulated.

Kent Lambert
LAMBERT@hal.hahnemann.edu

These are my thoughts.  If they are wrong
I accidentally pressed the send instead of
the delete key.  My employer makes no claim
to endorse my opinions.