Re: Opinionated response to "Restricted, controlled, & unrestricted area thread"

I have been busily buried by writing a license renewal application and
inspections of our licenses for the last few weeks.  I missed the thread
on restricted vs unrestricted, but by considering all use areas
restricted areas, you may buy yourself more trouble than considering
most labs unrestricted.  For example _everyone_ who as a course of
their employment may enter a restricted area must undergo annual
training.  By considering all labs restricted areas you open yourself
up to a big training liability.

Consider a part time student hired to do scut work, who will never
touch a radioisotope.  If they deliver a piece of mail to someone
in a lab they have to receive training.

In most labs individuals are _not_ likely to receive an undue exposure.

However, that said I am going to go back and reread the thread.

Dale