Digesters for tissue diposal?

Does anyone know if digesters have been used for the sewer disposal of
animal carcasses and tissue?

For example...It is possible to desolve a measured amount of bone and soft
tissue with a measured amount of sulphuric acid so that the results, after
gasses and water have been removed, is an easily diluted and neutralized
sludge. It would be possible to sewer the sludge (to my knowledge) with
little risk to operator, plumbing or sewer plant.

Is such a process/device now available?
Is it affordable?
Who makes it?  (Yes, we already know of one famous Milwaukean who made one.)
If affordable, would a digester be helpful to you and yours?
If a digester would be helpful in reducing the costs of carcass disposal, do
you think that the process sounds too forbidding to be considered at your
institution?
or--
do you think the idea is so dumb as to be beyond belief?

Speaking of which...I reintroduced our new (and less irreverent) web page
awhile ago and probably listed the address incorrectly.  For those who
pounded the keys in vain, I apologize.

The new page address is      http://www.execpc.com/jlivgstn/index.html

If anyone would care to comment about the page; especially about viewing
difficulties, I would be grateful.

Thanks, and best wishes to all,
John Livingston
S&G Enterprises