Re: Digesters for tissue diposal?

At 10:53 1996-04-17 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if digesters have been used for the sewer disposal of
>animal carcasses and tissue?  and so on.......

>Are the carcasses in question radioactive?

If not: how are dead dogs and cats and guinea pigs and birds - all kind of
pets - disposed of in your town?

In Austria there are companies which take care of disposal and even make a
lot of different products out of the animals, using fat and bone .....

In some European countries cattle infected or died from BSE is now burned in
existing ovens. I saw the pictures on TV - a whole cow put into the oven at
once. The burning produces even some heat.

Should there be no similar possibilities in the USA?

Best regards,
Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA
schoenho@via.at