Re: A type Test for Radiation Alarm Monitor

>>I am looking for an institute where  a type test(such as ANSI/ANS N42.17
>>and JIS Z 4324)
>>for a portable X & r  radiation monitor with alarm function is  available.
>>Is there anyone  out there who can help me find a suitable institute.

PNL is set up to do FULL ANSI N42.17 A and C testing!

Contact Michelle Johnson    ML_Johnson@PNL.gov

Also

ORNL is set up to do most ANSI testing - but I don't know if they do outside
work.

And ... Ludlum can do limited testing.

The DOE Health Physics Instrument Committee has been working to have more
instruments available from the manufacturer already tested and certified.

At this point we do have some HPIC certified instruments which come already
tested.  I don't believe this includes any area monitors.  HPIC is a new
committee and has been concentrating on portable instruments since they tend
to see the roughest use.

Ted de Castro
tdc@ehssun.lbl.gov
University of California Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
Bldg 90 Rm 0026B
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 486-5256
(510) 486-6939 - FAX