RE: Replying to messages - An E-mail lesson

Your beatin' a dead horse there.....................................
 ----------
From: Mcelrath Susan S.
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Replying to messages - An E-mail lesson
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 1996 2:37PM

My E-mail software has a handy little button to "reply" to a message. Handy
as it is, it cannot read my mind and know I really only mean to respond to a

particular individual, not the whole RADSAFE list. It only knows to reply to

the place it received the message from.

If you use a "reply" button to send a response to a message you see from
RADSAFE, your computer sends your reply right back to where the message came

from, the RADSAFE message server. Once a message hits the RADSAFE server,
it's going out to everyone on the list. Hence, your reply will go to the
entire RADSAFE audience. It does NOT send the message only to the person who

posted the original message to RADSAFE.

If you want to reply to a RADSAFE message but don't want your response to be

sent out to the entire RADSAFE list, please copy the sender's e-mail address

and send your message to it, NOT to RADSAFE.

This isn't Melissa, just a RADSAFE subscriber who's tired of seeing
resources wasted sending thousands of messages which are intended for only
one individual.