Big 10 RSO meeting

Radsafers,

We are trying to schedule the BIG 10 RSO meeting this year at
The University of Chicago.  The dates we have picked are Sept. 23-25
(mon through wed).  We are blocking rooms at the Ramada Lake Shore
for the nights of the 22, 23, and 24th.  These dates unfortunately
overlap with Yom Kippur, and I hope this won't be too inconvenient
for people.

I will send out a more formal announcement towards the end of next
month after we have some more of the logistics worked out.  In the
meantime please let me know any suggested topics or presentations
you might be willing to make.

The room rate at the Ramada will be $82 per night single and $85
for double.  They have free parking and a shuttle to the University.
For those flying into Chicago, Chicago Midway is about half the distance
from the University than O'Hare.  Cabs are about $40 from O'Hare and
$20 from Midway.  Shuttles are available from O'Hare to the Ramada.

We'll get maps and more accurate transportation fees out soon.
Registrations fees have not yet been set.

For those of you that are not familiar with the meeting, the Big 10
RSO meeting is held in alternate years with the CRSO meeting.  It
draws from campus radiation safety groups from Minnesotta east to
Pennsylvania and south to Missouri.  Word has it that we might pick
up New Jersey this year.

Attendance is usually between 50 and 100, with 2.5 days of presentations
on topics of interest to university/medical center radiation safety
programs.  While it is called the Big 10 RSO conference, it draws
from other universities including from the rival Big 8 (or is it 12
now).

Presentations and open discussion on operational topics is encouraged.
It does need to be ready for peer reviewed publication.

Please drop me an email with yourname address and email address if
you want to be included in the mailings.  We have lists of attendees from
previous years, but we don't want to miss anyone.

Dale E. Boyce, Director
The University of Chicago
Office of Radiation Safety
1101 East 57th Street, Room Z-11