Re: Cs-137 in soil

I have a little on this purely as a matter of coincidence.  Capt.
Dave George called me several days ago asking if I had a copy of the
1985 Midyear Symposium.  He wanted a copy of a paper called
"In Situ Measurements of 137-Cs Inventory in Natural Terrain.
It is on page 243 of the Symposium.

In the narative they talk about surface concentrations being about
1 pCi/g and deep samples about 0.1 pCi/g.  The paper is mainly interested
in integrated inventories, but some of the references might be of use.

If you don't have a copy available, send me email with your FAX number.

Dale Boyce
dale@radpro.uchicago.edu