Re: Review Of Internal Audits

In a message dated 96-04-18 14:11:24 EDT, Ashok Dhar wrote:

>If an audit is required for regulatory reasons or for compliance with your
>license conditions,
>Are you required to show the inspector the whole audit report or can you
>show documentation that the audit was done without showing the full report
and
>the audit results?

Our agency will ask to see the actual results.  It is not sufficient to make
a record that you made a record.  For example, the recordkeeping requirement
in 10 CFR 20.2102 (which CA adopted by reference) is:

"(a) Each licensee shall maintain records of the radiation protection
program, including:

. . .(2) Audits and other reviews of program content and implementation. . ."

That is, you are required to maintain the audit, not a record that you
performed the audit.  Those records are subject to inspection.

10 CFR 20.2103 says:

"(a) Each licensee shall maintain records showing the RESULTS of surveys and
calibrations. . ."   Not simply that the survey or calibration was performed.

This is of course my opinion, but I am speaking from experience.

Barbara L. Hamrick
Los Angeles County Radiation Management
BLHamrick@aol.com