Re: Re[2]: Northerners

>      It is obvious that I made a failed attempt to interject a little
>      humor, but it's not too far from reality.
>
>      I have many wonderful northern friends, but stereotypes are more often
>      made against southerners without any basis.  Look at this guy Jeff
>      Foxworthy that has his own show just by exploiting southern
>      stereotypes.  While it is only humor, it is irritating at times to
>      listen to such ignorance.
>
>      The weather in Illinois is truly bad.  You are stuck in doors
>      approximately four months/year.  I'm sure that if someone did a really
>      objective study, they would find that this also leads to long term
>      health differences.  I grew up in sunshine and shorts 365 days a year
>      and it does make a difference.  I have since learned to attempt to
>      compensate by using workout facilities and renting movies.
>
>      I came to the location where I currently am because I wanted to
>make a difference, irregardless of a few off-color comments and weather.
***I'm sorry about this, but "irregardless" is not a word.  Think about
it - it would mean "not-regardless" if it were a word.  I do agree with
you on the base-less stereotypes that southerners recieve.  It is funny
to hear southerners complain about the cold, while northerners think it
is just a "cool day."  It is even funnier to hear northerners
complain about the heat.

--Please don't send any "nasty-grams" to me, I only want to get along.

Robert A. Jones