days in the week of April 22, 1996 for the new proposed EPA idea - 120
days to comment), but I don't know if it will get rid of the linear
hypothesis for radiation. Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov

*** Reply to note of 04/22/96 13:02

From: James Mallon
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: LNT Debate

The following was obtained from electronic newspaper here at Sandia.
Any Comments!

NRC medical fellow Dr. Myron Pollycove is sparking debate with his contention
that exposure to low levels of radiation is not harmful, and is pushing for a
complete overhaul of almost 50 years of policy on radiation regulation.
Pollycove and other like-minded health physicists assert there is no
experimental evidence for a linear, no-threshold dose-response relationship
for radiation induced cancer in the low-dose, low-dose-rate region.

Jamie Mallon
jmallo@sandia.gov
505-844-8287