Education level for RSO

it takes to be an RSO, I'll respond that "it depends."  From what I've seen,
it looks to me like an RSO at a research hospital has to be a lot better
versed in health physics than an RSO that baby-sits boxes of smoke detectors
destined for disposal.

I'm an industrial hygienist with a public health masters degree, and an
undergraduate chemistry degree.  I can relate to most of the discussion on
this list, but I can't say I am familiar with it all.  I've had just a
week's worth of health physics training, and think that is just enough to
teach me my limitations.  I am certainly not capable of addressing
complicated radiation issues, but do feel competent to baby-sit those old
smoke detectors.

Vicki Chouinard
e-mail:  vicki.j.chouinard@corp.honeywell.com