Please forward to Radsafe

     I am asking a favor of all HPs, RPs, RSOs, and other professionals in
     the field of Radioactive Material Transportation.

     As we all know, DOT has established a TI ruling of 200 for the
     requirement of a Radiation Protection Program for persons who handle
     ram.  (see 49CFR172.803 - see 188FR50306)

     As I have been tasked with writing the CRCPD guidelines (in the form
     of a strawman) for exemption allowances (para 172.803(d)(ii)) for "a
     State Radiation Official listed in the most current issue of the
     "Directory of Personnel ...", I am asking for opinions, comments, hard
     facts, theories, any thing that Radsafers can say that will help me in
     forming an opinion on this issue.

     Please note - I have talked to an official for Fed-Ex, a few
     universities, and will talk to an official for TSMT who have and will
     give me some suggestions.  However, if you have a favorite who can
     provide me with more suggestions, let me know who.

     For the sake of RADSAFE, as I know this will be a serious thread to
     most of us, PLEASE RESPOND DIRECTLY TO ME, not over the server (PS - I
     am on digest and I am not sure I can respond to RADSAFE anyway).

     Send your cards and letters boys and girls to:

     Ronald_Goodwin@health.ohio.gov

     fax to (614) 644-1909 - be sure to print my name or Bureau of
     Radiation Protection on cover as several other bureaus also use this
     fax.

     I really appreciate what you may have to say, pro - con or just want
     to vent.  Please do not flame the DOT.  This is a good idea, and maybe
     one we CAN use.

     Best regards, and peace.

     Ron Goodwin - Ohio

     "The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and
     look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them,
     make them."  George Bernard Shaw