Re: Re[2]: MONITORING UNIVERSITY HEALTH

As we have a case currently in court, I will avoid specifics. But there are
six individuals suing for 30 million dollars worth of stress and suffering.
Three of them had less than 20 millirem, one had approx 200 millirem and the
other two fell in between.

For a good insight on litigation for very low doses, well measured and
documented doses, attend one of the courses given by Dave Weidis of Jose and
Weidis.The one given at the HPS mid-year meeting in Scotsdale was a good
example.

IMHO, in the U.S. today litigation for fun and profit will be with us untill
their is some kind of cap on tort judgements.

Dosimetry records will NOT prevent suits, they MAY help win the case.

The opinions expressed (if any are found) are my own, I can't get anyone else
to admit knowing about them.

Regis A. Greenwood, C H P
Senior Health Physicist
Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station