Re: Re[2]: MONITORING UNIVERSITY HEALTH

On April 30 Regis Greenwood wrote, in part:

>IMHO, in the U.S. today litigation for fun and profit will be with us untill
>their is some kind of cap on tort judgements.

A cap won't do it, IMHO.  Having the loser pay all (or a reasonable
fraction) of the attorneys fees and court costs would go a long way to
solving it, but the root of the problem, again IMHO, is irresponsible JURY
MEMBERS (NOT judges, attorneys, etc.) who just can't wait to trash them big
rich 'ol corporations and give the proceeds to that poor guy with the
leukemia (or the broken back, burned hands, etc., pick your favorite
malady).  As much as I like to bash attorneys, the fault lies with US (i.e.
the general public).
P.S., 'scuse the off-subject commentary...?
          Ron Morgan <rgmorgan@lanl.gov>
          Operational Health Physics (ESH-1)
          Los Alamos National Laboratory
          MS K-487, Los Alamos New Mexico, 87545