No Subject

Date: Wed, 1 May 96 11:49:50
From: haes (Donald L. Haes, Jr. )

Bernard Cohen wrote:

"There may be a confusion here between AC and DC magnetic fields.
I get the impression that your magnetic fields are DC, whereas the ones
that people worry about are AC. If you are worried about AC fields, a
meter to measure them costs only about $100, so it is cheaper to buy one
than to hire a consultant."

Remember, you get what you pay for. If you buy a $100 meter, it will probably be single axis and
broadband. Thus, unless you really know what you are doing, it would be very difficult to make
true RMS measurements free of harmonics; unless you are one of those unscruplous-types that
stick a meter in a field, and actually believe everything you read without any thought. These
are my opinions; but please refer to ANSI/IEEE C95.3-1992.

Donald Haes
MIT RPO
haes@mit.edu