Re: Half value layer - Va48

 Assuming you are looking for V-48 which has some toasty gammas, where the two with the highest intensities are 0.9 and 1.3 MeV check NCRP 49 or the rad health handbook which show the HVL at around 1.5 cm Pb.
Note that there is a 2.2 MeV gamma but that it has only a 2.5% intensity This gamma would need about 1.8 cm PB for a HVL

Luke McCormick c0etxlim@mrd42.mrd.usace.army.mil